Tri-dimensional Chess in "Star Trek"
John Savard
2022-04-07 22:33:31 UTC
3. I have the game, but the Franklin Mint has stopped producing it as they
phased out all of their Star Trek lines.
They are? nooooooOOOO, I wanted to get those little pewter starship replicas
they had! *sob*
Though I have the chess set, and it's been in a box for the last 5 years :)
I didn't have a proper cabinet for it and i didn't want it collected dust.
I have good news for people; a much less expensive licensed set for
Star Trek three-dimensional chess is available from a company called
The Noble Collection.

Oh, and the reason I dug up this really old thread?

On my web site, at

http://www.quadibloc.com/chess/ch050501.htm

I make note of the Bartmess rules for three-dimensional chess,
note that I have some criticisms of those rules, and propose a
modified set of rules for the game that addresses the issues
which I have identified.

Since Star Trek belongs to Paramount and not me, I can't
claim a proprietary interest in these rules, so if Paramount
and/or their licensees decided to run with them, I won't sue,
and somehow I suspect Bartmess never did either because
of Paramount's superseding proprietary interest in all things
Star Trek.

John Savard
Jack Bohn
2022-04-12 16:11:04 UTC
Post by John Savard
Oh, and the reason I dug up this really old thread?
Just as a curiosity, what did you use to dig up this really old thread, and how easy was it to notice that it was a really old thread?
--
-Jack